Nuance Introduces PDF Converter for Mac – The Affordable Alternative to Adobe Acrobat Which Turns PDF into Editable Documents
Nuance Extends its Lead as the No. 1 PDF Alternative to Adobe with Better PDF for Mac™
LONDON, UK, March 10, 2011 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions and the provider of PDF Converter Professional for Microsoft Windows, today introduced Nuance PDF Converter for Mac, giving Apple Mac users the ability to convert, edit, create PDF files for just £79.99 - a fraction the price of Adobe® Acrobat®.
PDF Converter for Mac allows users to effortlessly view, edit, create and scan 100 percent industry-standard PDF files. The product uses Nuance OmniPage document conversion and optical character recognition (OCR) technology to turn PDF files back into editable text documents and turn scanned PDF files into searchable PDF files. The product also connects to separate cloud-based services, including NuancePDF.com document conversion for conversion to fully-formatted word processing and spreadsheet documents, and Evernote®, a note storage and access service.
"With PDF Converter Professional for Windows, Nuance delivered 'Better PDF for Business,' the first PDF product with the price, features and performance needed to put PDF on every office desktop," said Robert Weideman, General Manager and Senior Vice President for the Nuance Document Imaging Division. "Now Nuance is delivering a 'Better PDF for Mac,' making it affordable for every Mac user to save time and money by using Nuance PDF – at home, at the office and on the go."
Better PDF for Mac
Key capabilities and benefits of Nuance PDF Converter for Mac:
- Save money – At just £79.99, Nuance PDF Converter for Mac delivers the rich PDF features users need and unique productivity features – at a fraction the cost of Adobe® Acrobat® Professional for the Mac.
- Annotate and edit PDF – Now everyone can add sticky-notes and highlights to PDF files, making it easy to collaborate using the PDF standard.
- Scan to Searchable PDF – Moving paper into the Apple Mac is easy with built-in scanning and the ability to use OmniPage OCR to create searchable PDF files that can be stored, managed and found using keywords and phrases.
- Turn PDF into fully-formatted and editable files – Nuance PDF Converter for Mac provides users with 1-click access to the separate NuancePDF.com document conversion service to turn PDF into fully-formatted word processing and spreadsheet files, which can be used with Apple iWork and Microsoft Office applications.
- PDF document assembly – Drag and drop document assembly features to combine Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents with PDF documents – adding the entire document or specific pages.
- Safeguard information – Redact or erase text from documents to protect sensitive information. Text and images can be edited or deleted to maintain confidentiality.
To download a trial version of Nuance PDF Converter for Mac, please go to: http://www.nuance.com/products/pdf-converter-mac/index.htm.
Pricing and Availability
Nuance PDF Converter for Mac is priced at £79.99. For additional information on features and pricing, please visit http://www.nuance.co.uk/pdf-for-mac/.
About Nuance PDF
With over three million seats of its PDF solutions deployed, Nuance has established itself as the leading alternative to Adobe® for PDF, and as the premier provider of PDF desktop applications designed specifically for office environments. Nuance PDF Converter Professional and Enterprise, eCopy® PDF Pro Office and PDF Converter for Mac provide organisations with the rich PDF features they need, as well as unique features that make it easy to create PDF and to turn PDF back into word processing and spreadsheet documents they can edit. At up to 66 percent less than Adobe, Nuance PDF products deliver the price, features and performance needed to put PDF on every office desktop.
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance's proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.co.uk.