Nuance Releases Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 featuring New Dragon Remote Mic App for the Apple iOS
Leading Speech Recognition Application Adds New Social Media Sharing Capabilities, Correction and Editing Features and More; New Remote Mic App Turns iPhone, iPod touch and iPad into Wireless Mic that Allows you to Dictate into Your PC and Voice Control Applications
LONDON, UK., June 14, 2011 — Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), the leading provider of speech solutions, today unveiled Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5, a new release of the world's best-selling speech recognition software for the PC. Building on the improved accuracy, faster performance and intuitive new interface introduced in Dragon 11, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 adds new features that make it easier to create documents, send emails, search the internet, share social status and interact with a range of PC applications.
Check out the new Dragon Remote Mic App here.
Dragon has quickly grown in popularity as a mobile application for the Apple iOS, and millions of people around the globe have downloaded Nuance's Dragon Dictation app, which allows users to dictate SMS text messages, emails, social media updates and more. The app has been ranked as a number one free application in nearly every region since its launch in December 2009. Thanks to the Dragon mobile apps for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, now millions of people have now experienced of the power of Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
"As mobile devices and social networks have become a more important part of our customers' lives, they have asked us for more flexibility in how they can use Dragon," said Peter Mahoney, senior vice president and general manager, Dragon, Nuance. "People who have never tried Dragon before will be genuinely impressed with all the ways it lets you interact with your digital world. Those who are already familiar with Dragon will see some exciting improvements that extend its use with social sharing, and add flexibility with microphones and recording devices."
New to Dragon? The Dragon family of speech recognition software lets you control your computer with your voice. It's the hands-free way to turn speech into text, whether you are capturing family stories, searching the internet, posting an update to Facebook or Twitter, or helping your children cut their homework time in half. Dragon gives people an easy, natural way to get more done in less time.
Current Dragon Users will appreciate the new upgrades and features in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5, including:
- Enhanced Commands and Social Features – Dragon collapses common multi-step tasks on the PC into direct voice commands. You can send emails and schedule meetings, post an update to Facebook or Twitter, search the Web for information, quote or bracket text easily, search your desktop, and navigate between Windows, simply by speaking the action you want to complete. Dragon 11.5 includes commands to consolidate multiple mouse clicks and keystrokes into a direct voice command, such as:
- "Post to Facebook [I love Dragon]"
- "Post to Twitter [Tweeting is so much easier by voice]"
- "Harry said 'Empty Quotes' I'm going to the party with or without you"
- "Search Amazon for Bluetooth headset"
- "Search Twitter for haiku"
- "Search maps for King's Road, London"
- "Search Dragon Help for working with Gmail"
- "Send an email to Mike Smith"
- Dragon Remote Mic (Requires Dragon Premium, Professional or Legal version 11.5) – Turn your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into a wireless microphone to dictate into or completely control applications on your PC via a Wi-Fi network connection. If you want to free yourself from your corded headset, now you can use a device that you may already have. To download the free app please visit http://itunes.apple.com/uk/app/dragon-remote-microphone/id436624808?mt=8&affId=1950392&ign-mpt=uo=2
- Improved User Interface – The Dragon Sidebar helps you discover and remember common commands. Now you can glance at or explore global, application-specific, and custom-created commands, while also viewing Dragon's user tips. Version 11.5 delivers additional application contexts to the Sidebar (including WordPad, Vocabulary Editor and Command Browser) and layout improvements to maximise content and readability.
- Smarter Formatting, Correcting and Editing – Dragon users can issue simple voice commands to format text, such as "Bold New House Listings," or "Capitalise Today's Featured House." In addition, Dragon can apply (and undo) correction, formatting and editing to one or all instances of a word or group of words. The Dragon Correction Menu suggests more alternate recognitions by default and enables users to quickly add phrases to the vocabulary, or to prevent an undesired word from being recognised. In Dragon 11.5, the Spelling Window (allowing users to type or spell out a word) is now resizable, and delivers more readable options for alternate words and phrases, making it easier for users to modify or correct text.
- Getting Started with Dragon is Faster and Easier – Dragon 11.5 adds enhancements to make getting started simpler. It's now much faster and easier to create a user profile, or to enhance existing profiles with the Enhanced Profile Upgrade Wizard.
- More Software Support – Adding to Dragon's existing software compatibility –including Microsoft Office 2010 applications and Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, and Natural Language Commands support for Word 2010, Outlook 2010, and Excel 2010, OpenOffice Writer, and updated user interfaces for netbooks – Dragon 11.5 adds support for even more applications and operating systems including:
- Internet Explorer 9
- Windows Live Mail 2011 (V15)
- OpenOffice Writer version 3.3
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Premium is available immediately starting at £149.99 through Nuance's Web site as well as its global network of reseller partners, software retailers and professional sales organisations. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 is a free upgrade for current Dragon 11 users. Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 11.5, Professional 11.5 and Legal 11.5 will be available in the coming weeks from Nuance and through Nuance's value added resellers worldwide. For additional information on features, editions, pricing and volume licensing programs, please visit http://www.nuance.co.uk/naturallyspeaking/.
The new Dragon Remote Mic App is available immediately as a free download in the Apple App Store here. Simply follow the instructions included with Dragon to use the new app to turn your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into a wireless microphone.
Dragon has long been a leading speech recognition application on the desktop, used by millions of people around the world. As demand for speech has grown, Nuance has sought to make speech recognition accessible to more people, from more places and devices. Nuance has launched several Dragon Mobile Apps – including Dragon Dictation, Dragon Search, Dragon for E-mail and FlexT9 – for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and select BlackBerry and Android devices to allow people to send email or text messages or update their social status on the go by voice.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance is a leading provider of speech, imaging and customer interaction solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance's proven applications and professional services. For more information, please visit: www.nuance.co.uk.