Nuance Announces eCopy PDF Pro Office 6 With Enterprise-Class Productivity Innovations and MFP Integration for Business
Nuance eCopy PDF Pro Office defines next-gen PDF capabilities, enabling powerful PDF creation, editing and conversion for maximum savings without compromise
LONDON, UK., September 25, 2012 – Nuance Communications, Inc., a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today announced the release of Nuance eCopy PDF Pro Office 6. The newest version of the award-winning software boosts office productivity through complete PDF management, and by seamlessly connecting scanning and PDF workflows to multifunction printers (MFPs).
eCopy PDF Pro Office is indispensable for enterprises that want to gain more business value from PDF. The intelligent and intuitive software is designed to handle the diverse PDF business requirements of every department in an organisation. The software offers a streamlined experience for scanning from a networked MFP using eCopy ShareScan – the world’s best-selling document scanning and workflow solution. This integration eliminates both unnecessary steps and non-essential paper from document workflows. It can also create, view, convert and edit all industry-standard PDF files.
The solution delivers unmatched connectivity to the cloud with the new ability to save and open PDF files in popular cloud services such as PaperPort Anywhere, Box, Google Docs, Windows Live SkyDrive, Office 365, Evernote and Dropbox. It also features Dragon Notes, powered by the world famous Dragon voice recognition software, to allow users to simply speak and create text notes without typing.
“eCopy PDF Pro Office brings powerful collaboration capabilities to MFPs in office environments worldwide,” said Michael Rich, General Manager and Senior Vice President for Nuance’s Document Imaging Division. “With our channel partners, we can now deliver innovative and powerful PDF features that help organisations increase productivity and efficiency, while managing the bottom line.”
eCopy PDF Pro Office is the preeminent PDF solution for enterprises. With Nuance’s best-in-class PDF solution, large and small organisations can address both their versatility and enterprise-class needs. The solution features network deployment tools that allow organisations to customise installations; support Citrix® and Windows Terminal Services virtualised environments; utilise full redaction capabilities; and, integrate with all major Document Management Services including Microsoft® SharePoint Server, Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft® Office 365, Hummingbird Enterprise™ 5.2, and EMC²® Documentum 6.5, among many others. In addition, compliance with PDF/A standards is assured through Nuance’s built-in compliance checker and resolution process.
With eCopy PDF Pro Office, users are able to make changes to PDF files with the fluidity, flexibility and interactivity of word processing, reduce PDF file size before sharing and store PDF files.
Enterprise-class features include:
- Network deployment tools that enable customised installations
- Bates stamping tools with customisable stamp profiles
- Compliance assurance for PDF/A with Nuance’s built-in compliance checker and resolution process
- Support for Digital Rights Management – integration with FileOpen
- Save PDFs to document management systems (DMS) now easier than ever – from the Save/Save As menu, from Portfolio view or directly from Internet Explorer
- Automated image conversion to PDF: assemble groups of files in one format and automatically convert them to another – valid input is TIFF or PDF; output to TIFF, PDF (image-only) or Searchable PDF
- Accessibility compliance check – easily verify that PDF files can be fully read out by screen readers
- Networked scanning using multiple monitored ShareScan Inboxes
- Simple terms for volume or site licensing
- Document Management/Enterprise Content Management system integration:
- Microsoft® SharePoint Server 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0
- Microsoft Office 365
- Hummingbird Enterprise™ 5.2, 5.3 and 6
- Interwoven® WorkSite 8.3, 8.5 and 9
- Livelink® ECM - Enterprise Server 9.7.0 and 10 from OpenText
- NetDocuments SaaS cloud-based storage.
- Worldox® GX2 and GX3
- EMC2® Documentum 6.5
- Xerox DocuShare 6 and 6.5
- Therefore 2012
Pricing and Availability
eCopy PDF Pro Office is now available from all the members of Nuance’s global channel of MFP vendors, partners and dealers. For additional information on features, pricing and volume licensing programs, please visit http://www.nuance.co.uk/for-business/by-product/ecopy/ecopy-pdf-pro-office/index.htm.
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.co.uk.