Meeting the Education Challenge
Today’s students are the most IT-savvy generation ever. It’s no surprise then that they have high expectations for the IT that’s in use in our schools, colleges and universities. However, funding pressures mean that public or private schools are constantly challenged to deliver high-value, short-turnaround results. Institutions are looking for smarter ways to manage student records, streamline admissions, bring greater efficiency to the registrar’s office and improve financial-aid processes.
More than almost any other industry, education is all about information. So, a solution that extends information availability while also reducing costs, saving time and improving accuracy goes to the head of the class. That’s where Nuance shines. Our family of world-leading imaging-productivity applications vastly improves the way schools, colleges and universities process, archive and share paper and electronic documents.
We Help Educators:
- Digitise and organise your paper records.
- Eliminate off-site record storage.
- Secure educational documents.
- Manage student records, streamline admissions, bring greater efficiency to the registrar’s office and improve financial-aid processes.
- Create PDF files from any document
- Convert PDF files into editable Microsoft Word documents.
- Eliminate retyping of information.
What Nuance Document Conversion & Scanning Solutions Bring to Educational Firms:
- Security - Educational firms can increase the security of documents with encryption, secure storage, user authentication, redaction and the ability to track access and changes to documents.
- Disaster Recovery - Strengthen business-continuity strategies by ensuring all documents are digitised and archived off-site in event of a disaster.
- Productivity - Educational professionals can accelerate workflows with the touch of the “copy” button, and capture, convert, route, store and manage their documents.
- Lean and Green - Reduce your environmental footprint by cutting your usage of paper – while lowering your costs and improving information accessibility.
Streamlining Key Document Processes For Education:
- Password-protected 128-bit-encrypted document distribution reduces the possibility of unauthorised access to student information and records.
- Sending electronic documents by email rather than fax ensures confidential, password-protected delivery to a private inbox rather than a public fax machine.
- You can redact sensitive passages from scanned documents prior to scanning, storing or sending.
A Complete Audit Trail:
- Nuance maintains a transaction log of all email activity and sends a copy of the sent message and attachments to the sender’s sent-items folder.
- Secure log-in and authentication features restrict unauthorised users from distributing student information.
- Archive and store your newly electronic documents at a secure remote location for backup and disaster recovery purposes.