Meeting the Government Challenge
Perhaps more than any other industry, government – national, regional and local – is defined by the vast volumes of paperwork it produces and processes. From contract/bid management and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to benefits and grants processing and claims management, government processes are inherently paper-intensive experiences.
But with increasing budgetary pressures, paper is no longer a viable, cost-effective medium for responsive governmental services. It’s expensive, takes up too much space and is inherently insecure. Agencies and departments must provide access to information — which means digitising, organising, sharing and archiving billions of paper documents. It also must give employees — including disabled users — the tools to work effectively with this information. How can you balance the needs for access and security?
Nuance can help with smart, sophisticated and scalable solutions that vastly improve the way government departments and agencies process, archive and share paper and digital documents. Their ease of use, wide compatibility and broad functionality mean you can vastly improve your organisation’s productivity while achieving significant reductions in costs. Nuance lets you:
- Digitise and organise your paper records
- Eliminate off-site record storage
- Secure government documents
- Integrate with systems ranging from contract management and FOIA requests to benefits and grants processing and claims management
- Redact sensitive passages
- Comply with accessibility requirements
- Create PDF files from any document
- Convert PDF files in editable Microsoft Word documents
- Eliminate retyping of information
What Nuance Document Conversion & Scanning Solutions Bring to Government
- Security - Government organisations can increase the security of documents with encryption, secure storage, user authentication, redaction and the ability to track access and changes to documents.
- Disaster Recovery - Strengthen business-continuity strategies by ensuring all documents are digitised and archived off-site in event of a disaster.
- Productivity - Government professionals can accelerate workflows with the touch of the “copy” button and capture, convert, route, store and manage their documents.
- Lean and Green - Reduce your environmental footprint by cutting your usage of paper – while lowering your costs and improving information accessibility.
Streamlining Key Document Processes For Government
Stronger Confidentiality for Regulatory Compliance:
- Password-protected 128-bit-encrypted document distribution reduces the possibility of unauthorised access to classified information and records.
- Sending electronic documents by email rather than fax ensures confidential, password-protected delivery to a private inbox rather than a public fax machine.
- You can redact sensitive passages from scanned documents prior to scanning, storing or sending.
A Complete Audit Trail:
- Nuance maintains a transaction log of all email activity and sends a copy of the sent message and attachments to the sender’s sent-items folder.
- Secure log-in and authentication features restrict unauthorised users from accessing or distributing information
- Archive and store your newly electronic documents at a secure remote location for backup and disaster recovery purposes.