The sheer abundance of paper in the insurance industry creates daunting challenges – from new-account openings to claims management. Although automated workflow management has helped address the issue, paper inherently creates inefficiencies, redundancies, errors, costs and delays. Today, those trade-offs are no longer acceptable to forward-thinking agents and carriers.
Today, competitiveness requires new levels of efficiency that not only strengthen customer-service initiatives, but also lower costs. Customers are now accustomed to electronic processes that respond to their service needs – and insurers must meet this challenge.
With a complete line of imaging and document-management solutions Nuance helps insurers:
- Capture client information right at the copier.
- Scan and text-index documents at the copier for faster and easier search/retrieval.
- Transform images into editable text in PDF, MS-Word or internet browser files.
- Use a flexible range of security options.
- Integrate with account management and claims processing systems.
- Increase productivity with an easy-to-use interface that employees will quickly and consistently use – "no training required."
- With Nuance, insurance companies can work with all of their paper documents electronically for easy filing and distribution of claims and policies – in the time it takes to push the “copy” button.
What Nuance Document Scanning & Scanning Solutions Bring to Insurance Firms
- Security - Insurance firms can increase the security of documents with encryption, secure storage, user authentication, redaction and the ability to track access and changes to documents.
- Disaster Recovery - Strengthen business-continuity strategies by ensuring all documents are digitised and archived off-site in event of a disaster.
- Productivity - Insurers can accelerate business processes with the touch of the “copy” button and capture, convert, route, store and manage their documents.
- Lean and Green - Reduce your environmental footprint by cutting your usage of paper – while lowering your costs and improving information accessibility.
Streamlining Key Document Processes For Insurance
Easier Ability to Work with Documents:
- Your team can capture and convert a wide range of documents – into and out of dozens of file types.
- Convert PDFs and images into editable text files and make updates in a word processor.
- Quickly index, search and retrieve documents – for faster and more accurate customer service.
- Nuance is easy to learn and use – no training required.
Faster Business Processes
- No more ploughing through cabinets and folders.
- No more retyping documents.
- No more delays and costs.
- No more space-hogging paper archives.
- Archive and store your newly electronic documents at a secure remote location for backup and disaster recovery purposes.