Even More Accurate
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This means that Dragon understands you and you get things done, faster than ever. And when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
Faster Than Ever
- Faster Processors Yield Faster Performance: If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
- Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
Enhanced Web Mail
- Enhanced Experience with Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook.com: Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook.com — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer (32-bit, versions 9 and 10), Firefox and Chrome (for an up-to-date list of supported browsers, please visit our KnowledgeBase).
Keeping Up with New Releases
- Dragon 12 includes support for some of the latest and greatest recent releases, including Windows 8, Office 2013, and Internet Explorer 10.
- Interactive Tutorial: Proposed at the end of profile creation and available any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon 12 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Wideband Bluetooth Support
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support: Dragon 12 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon 12 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started.
Smart Format Rules
- Smart Format Rules: Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
More Natural Text-to-Speech
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12’s natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text - with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control - for easy proofing and multi-tasking.
- Correction: When it comes to correcting a word or phrase, Dragon now includes more choices to make it quicker and easier to make a change.
Dragon Remote Mic – Now for Android
- Dragon Remote Microphone App for iOS and now Android: Dragon 12 lets you go wireless with an iOS or Android device and the free Dragon Remote Microphone App. Turn your compatible iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon over a WiFi network. And it’s easier than ever to get started – simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon 12 provides on-screen.
IGNITE PRODUCTIVITY WITH FAST, ACCURATE DICTATION
Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen - three times faster than typing - with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Correcting or revising your dictated text is fast and simple, too. Natural-sounding Text-to-Speech reads editable text for easy proofing or multi-tasking. Dragon adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time. You can even personalise Dragon with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
IGNITE PROFICIENCY AND EASE OF USE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. The Dragon Help system contains a Tip of the Day window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you. The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location. And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
IGNITE FREEDOM AND COMFORT AT YOUR PC
Say goodbye to repetitive strain injuries. Use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. Open applications or folders, select menu items, click or move the mouse, press keys, switch from one window to another and more using simple voice commands. Use your Apple® iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® touch (4th gen) or your Android device as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi for optimal convenience. Wideband Bluetooth support delivers outstanding wireless performance with no training required.
IGNITE CONVENIENCE USING YOUR FAVOURITE WINDOWS OR WEB APPLICATIONS
Use Dragon 12 Premium with virtually any Windows application. Dictate documents in Microsoft® Word, OpenOffice™ Writer or Corel® WordPerfect®, work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel®, create presentation text in Microsoft PowerPoint®, manage email in Microsoft Outlook®, search the Web using Internet Explorer® or Mozilla® Firefox® or Google Chrome™, post to Facebook or Twitter and more - all by voice.
Dragon 12 Premium even enhances the experience of using your voice with the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook.com — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer (32-bit, versions 9 and 10), Firefox and Chrome (for an up-to-date list of supported browsers, please visit our KnowledgeBase).
IGNITE EFFICIENCY WITH VOICE-DRIVEN MULTITASKING
Dragon Voice Shortcuts™ collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands you can use at any time, no matter which applications are currently active. For example, say: “Send email to John Smith and Raphael Sanchez” or “Search maps for financial advisors in London” or “search Google for 87 divided by 12” and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say “open top site for Facebook” and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords. You can even use voice commands to create emails, schedule tasks and appointments and search your computer faster than ever before.
IGNITE MOBILITY FOR PRODUCTIVITY ON THE GO
A free Dragon Recorder app lets you record high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen). For more advanced recording functionality, dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder and then have Dragon transcribe the audio files into text when you return to your PC. These mobile recording capabilities enable you to capture thoughts while they’re still fresh in your mind to produce detailed, high-quality reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes and more.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- Closing all programs before installing is recommended. In addition, consider shutting down and restarting your computer before an installation
- Dragon 12.5 supports Microsoft Office 2013. For details on support for specific application version numbers, see the edition feature matrix and Technical Support’s Knowledgebase
- Non-medical editions of Dragon do not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems – for EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008, 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, 2 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012)
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom® processor). Faster processors yield faster performance. IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB)
Free hard disk space:
- If installing from a disk: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
- If installing from a download: three times as much space is initially needed (after the download is unpacked and installation completes, temporary files can be removed from the system)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher to view the software’s Online Help (free download at http://www.microsoft.com)
- The plugin that provides enhanced capabilities for Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook.com (the “Rich Internet Applications” extension) requires Internet Explorer 9 or 10, or the currently supported version of Firefox or Chrome—see support.nuance.com for details
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation from disk
- If you use a company-owned PC, make sure you have the privileges needed to install on it Microsoft's .NET Framework 4 (a Windows component)
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling microphone. See listings and details at support.nuance.com/compatibility (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders)
An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
Find out how Dragon can help you.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking overview video