What's New in v12
- Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This video highlights how to use your voice to navigate within a document and edit or format the contents. Learn how.
- A new interactive tutorial in Dragon 12 guides you through fun exercises that demonstrate best practices for dictating, editing and formatting so that you can get up and running quickly.
Correction & Editing
- Dragon 12 includes more choices to make it quicker and easier to make a change. The Correction Menu suggests more alternate recognitions by default and when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
- Easily create commands to insert frequently used text and/or graphics by voice. Learn how.
- Dragon quickly processes the recognition of speech in the background with a discreet indicator that recognition is in progress. This encourages continuous speech which enables Dragon to improve accuracy based on the context of each utterance. This video provides tips and best practices for general dictation.
Using Gmail & Hotmail
- Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail. Learn how to use voice commands for the most frequent actions.
Importing Vocabulary Lists
- This video provides instructions to add words and phrases to your personal vocabulary to improve overall accuracy.
- Dragon 12 menu options make it easy to find detailed information when you need it. From the DragonBar’s Help menu to the Sidebar, "Give me help" gets you help anytime.
Play That Back
- With the “Play that Back” voice command, Dragon lets you play back the audio of your latest dictation. Learn how.
- Review your words by listening to a new, natural text to speech voice from Nuance in Dragon 12. Text to speech capabilities within Dragon deliver a synthesized voice that can read out loud text you designate – learn how.
Smart Format Rules
- Dragon 12’s new Smart Format Rules allow Dragon to adapt by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time. Learn how.
Posting to Facebook and Twitter
- Dragon’s time-saving voice commands consolidate multiple mouse clicks and keystrokes into a direct voice command. With version 12, you can quickly and easily post to Facebook or Twitter at any time – no matter what application is currently active on the screen.
Searching the Web
- Dragon makes it easy to surf the Web hands-free by delivering the ability to click links by voice, dictate web addresses, scroll pages and more. You can even navigate radio buttons and drop-down menus by voice.
Transcribe Your Recording
- Use a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or compatible iOS device with our free Dragon Recorder app to record thoughts for later transcription to your PC. This video shows the transcription basics.
Adding a Source to an Existing Profile
- This video shows you how to add an audio source - above and beyond your regular microphone - to your current profile, such as Bluetooth.