With these five key benefits plus many more, Xerox Scan to PC Desktop is the solution your company needs to harness the full potential of your MFP.
- Save time at the Xerox MFP with personalized scanning.
- Route documents anywhere with the push of a button.
- Easily create and assemble PDF documents.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with edited PDF files.
- Convert paper documents and PDF files into documents you can edit.
Save time at the Xerox MFP with personalized scanning
Step up to the Xerox MFP, log in, and the touch screen panel changes to reveal personal scanning destinations that make sense. Press the scan button and documents are reliably delivered directly to your computer or other specified destinations quickly, in the right format, conveniently, and securely.
- From your computer you can customize any Xerox EIP-enabled MFP on the network and immediately change the folders and preferences that you want available.
- Send files directly to your computer in the fewest possible steps.
- Easily customize the Xerox EIP-enabled MFP to view your computer folders, even folders on your local desktop PC, as scanning destinations.
Route documents anywhere with the push of a button
Xerox Scan to PC Desktop makes distributed document capture easy, secure, and productive. Now you can effectively replace manual paper processes with efficient document sharing over email, the web, and document management systems.
- Send files from the Xerox MFP to practically anywhere you want them to go.
- Capture paper documents from the Xerox MFP and send them directly to email, Microsoft SharePoint, FTP, Web folders, and ODMA-supporting content management systems.
- Customizable workflows allow you to combine options, destinations, and formats into a single step available as a button on the Xerox EIP-enabled MFP.
- Open and save PDF files directly to Interwoven, OpenText and LexisNexis CaseMap.
Easily create and assemble PDF documents
Xerox Scan to PC Desktop simplifies things by handling everything your office handles now, plus elements that Microsoft Windows and SharePoint don’t handle well—like scanned paper and PDF.
- Create a single, compact, searchable and universally readable PDF document (100% compatible with, but not requiring Adobe® Acrobat®) from multiple word-processing, spreadsheet or scanned paper documents using simple drag-and-drop.
- Create fillable forms from scanned forms or static PDF forms.
- Create secure PDF documents by applying password protection and digital signatures.
Communicate clearly and precisely with edited PDF files
With Xerox Scan to PC Desktop, you get everything you need to effortlessly edit, annotate, correct typos, add or clean up scanned images, create fillable forms, and even touch up objects directly within PDF files. You can also change colors, fonts, or point sizes, copy graphics, charts, and text from PDF files and place them in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. Now you can communicate your ideas and collaborate without limitations.
- Touch up text and images directly within PDF files.
- Add notes, annotations, stamps, watermarks, and Bates Stamps.
- Create and edit bookmarks, tables of content and hyperlinks.
- Redact (black-out) or highlight important information.
- Add audio or video files to your PDF documents.
Convert paper documents and PDF files into documents you can edit
Xerox Scan to PC Desktop lets you unlock information stored in paper documents and turn them into files you can edit in seconds. Your converted documents look exactly like the original—complete with columns, tables, bullets, and graphics. What’s even more exciting is that the fully-formatted documents are easy to edit the right way, with flowing text across columns, saving hours of document recreation. What’s more, the personalized workflow options allow you to modify the behavior of the document conversion process so it is specific to your document requirements.
- Eliminate re-typing of documents by turning your paper and PDF documents into editable text documents, in formats like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Corel WordPerfect.
- Turn paper forms into PDF and Microsoft Word forms.
- Extract data from filled PDF or printed forms into spreadsheets or databases.
- Logical Form Recognition™ (LFR) allows paper forms to be turned into PDF or Microsoft Word forms that can be edited or filled out.
- Nuance’s built-in RealSpeak engine allows you to convert paper and PDF files into WAV audio files that can be listened to any time and anywhere.
Listed below are key Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional documentation files to guide you through the process of installing the Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional solution and to facilitate productive use of the solution.
If you are not able to view these files in your browser window then:
Right-click and select Open with…Select your PDF viewer from the provided list.
Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional: 10 vs 11
Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional – Feature Comparisons
The Xerox Scan to PC Desktop solution is available for customers in two versions – Professional and SE. The Professional version is the fully featured solution while the SE version delivers a limited feature set version of the solution.
Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional: 10 vs 11
Flexible Software Licensing Arrangements
Xerox and Nuance offer the Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional 11 solution in a multitude of flexible software licensing arrangements:
- Small Business Edition = Fixed (5) seat license package
- Workgroup Edition = Fixed seat license packages of 10 seats and higher
- Multi-seat or enterprise site license agreement. These license agreements are scaled to the specific number of users across your organization.
- Upgrade Pricing multi-seat or enterprise site license agreements. If you are a current user of the Xerox Scan to PC Desktop solution (or you have competitive OCR software), your organization will qualify for significantly discounted pricing on the Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional solution.
These software licensing arrangements are available to your organization directly from Xerox and may vary by geography.
For more information on volume license and enterprise license agreements for Xerox Scan to PC Desktop Professional 11, please contact your local Xerox sales representative.
For additional questions or pricing, you may also contact:
Daniel J. Troup
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Minimum System Requirements for Scan to PC Desktop Professional 11
To install and run the desktop software (for OmniPage, PDF Converter Professional (or PDF Viewer), PaperPort, and
Image Retriever), the Windows-compatible PC must be equipped with the following:
- A computer with an Intel® Pentium® III or higher processor or equivalent. A dual-core or quad-core processor is
- recommended for advanced performance.
- Windows XP, 32-bit SP3 or above with 400 MHz processor.
- Windows Vista, 32-bit or 64-bit SP2 or above.
- Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit with a 1GHz processor.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or above.
- 512 MB of memory (RAM), 1 GB recommended for advanced performance.
- 1.21 GB of free hard disk space for the application files and sample files plus 70 MB working space during
- 1024x768 pixel color monitor with 16-bit color or greater video card.
- A sound card for reading text aloud.
- CD-ROM drive for installation.
- A Windows-compatible pointing device.
- A 2 megapixel digital camera or higher for digital camera text capture.
- A compatible scanner with its own scanner driver software, if you plan to scan documents. See the Scanner
- Guide at Nuance’s website, www.nuance.com, for a list of supported scanners.
- Web access is needed for product registration, Scanner Wizard database updating.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 is needed to save DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX files (for Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or to load and save XPS files.