Dragon SDK Server is specifically designed for integration into solutions that require speech recognition to run in the background, without any interactive dictation or self-editing by users. Back-end speech recognition enables the batch processing of recorded speech from a range of devices, including digital recorders, PDAs, tablet PCs and telephone dictation systems. Although Dragon SDK Server is not a transcription workflow in itself, it can be integrated within existing systems to automate transcription, increasing transcription productivity and reducing transcription costs.
Support for Audio Streaming
To streamline workflow, recognition can now be performed from a streaming file, eliminating the need to produce an audio file.
DSS comes with a collection of base acoustic models that have been trained on vast amounts of relevant speech recordings from many speakers. DSS supports different accents and dictation sources, including dictation recorded over the telephone.
Legal vocabularies are now available for US English and German.
ActiveX controls provide interfaces for integration into dictation/transcription workflow software
ActiveX provides flexible server software integration and is supported by many compiled and interpreted (script) languages such as C++, C#, Visual Basic, Python, Perl, etc.
Fully functional sample programmes that are designed for use in the transcription workflow
CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB. We recommend 2 MB.
- Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB (2.8 GB for localised non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer(R) 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
Nuance-approved noise-cancelling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs).
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
Supported Audio Formats
DSS supports data formats from 8khz (for telephony) to 99khz in PCM and MS-ADPCM and IMA-ADPCM format. DSS supports the following audio file types in both mono and stereo:
- WAVE PCM